Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting closer!

Well, we had a doctor's appointment last week and he said Ally's head is down so she's on her way! Only 5 more weeks to go! (Maybe we'll be lucky and it will only be 3 more weeks....lol). I go back next week and after that, I'll be going weekly. We also had our class last week. It wasn't what we were expecting and I'm glad we didn't pay for it, but we at least learned a little. They told me their next class on newborn care will be Dec. 11th and I told them that hopefully, I wouldn't be there. :) Our shower was pretty successful. We had many friends that couldn't make it, but we definitely got some things we needed and gift cards to help us buy the things we still need so we're hoping we should be okay. Dylan (our nephew) was so cute because he saw all the presents and knew his birthday was coming up. My sister had to keep telling him those gifts were for the baby. So then he'd say, "Where is the baby?" And someone would tell him the baby was in my belly. He'd come over to me, give me this sweet look, and say, "Where is the baby?" I'd tell him that she is in my belly and he'd say, "Well...I wanna see it." It was so funny and cute at the same time. Of course, I was thinking "ME TOO!!!" He did the same thing this past Saturday when we went up to celebrate his birthday. One of the things we did at my shower was get predictions about the baby to put in a little book and see who guesses the closest. For those of you that couldn't make it, you can tell us your predictions if you want. We took guesses for the baby's first and middle names, weight, length, and the day and time of birth. On our way up to PA on Saturday, we stopped at the Babies 'R Us in Newark because it is the only one around with a Kiddie Kandids studio in it. When we registered, we were given a coupon for a free maternity picture. You can see one of the pictures, but they all came out pretty good. There's a really cute one of Dave kissing my belly and one where they had us put our hands in a heart on my belly. I was impressed with how good the pics came out because I usually don't have good pictures. So, the agenda this week is to make an appointment to get the car seat inspected, continue shopping for anymore needed items, and of course celebrate Dave's birthday on Thursday!!!! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your picture really turned out nice..I like the baby room also, sorry I was never able to find those decals at any of the dollar stores anymore. Hope everything is going good for you as you prepare for your little one's arrival ~Steph