Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday

Hi everyone! Don't I have the sweetest husband who will brag about me going to his games?! :) I love watching baseball/softball though and hanging out with all of the other wives is always fun too, so I wouldn't miss it. Today is weigh in day....I'm down another pound. The baby weight is slowly coming off! :) It's only a pound, but at least it's the right direction. I have a week to get in a good routine before we go on another mini-vacation to Ohio. We'll be getting some exercise (walking around Cedar Point and maybe a zoo), but we'll be eating my "Aunt" Cheryl's good cooking so hopefully I don't go overboard on my eating. In other news, we bought a new car last night. We both feel it was the right decision, but we are both always worriers about that and keep thinking to ourselves, "did we do the right thing?" We had been looking into getting a bigger vehicle because even though I always thought my Accord was very spacious, having a car seat in it has shown me otherwise. Dave's Altima has been having issues and was over 100,000 miles. Oh, and Dave is going to drive the Accord or his older Altima to work to save gas. We decided we wanted to stay in the Honda family and a few weeks ago, after comparing the Pilot and the Odyssey, we decided a van would be the best because it'd be better on gas and just more practical. Well, Dave found a Pilot for cheaper than any Odyssey so we went and checked it out and decided to buy it. It actually is perfect timing for our trip next week. We are driving and my mom is going along. This will give us plenty of room for all of our suitcases, a stroller, and plenty of leg room for my mom (she broke her ankle). Plus, when we go to Cedar Point, my "Aunt and Uncle" (it's really my mom's cousin and his wife, but they seem more like an aunt and uncle and their son is more like a cousin to me) can ride with us all with the 3rd row of seats and we can save driving 2 cars to Cedar Point. So, now that I have rambled enough, we're praying we made the right decision and that we don't regret getting into a second car payment.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

no sense in having regrets at this point!

and congrats on getting rid of that pound!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Congrats on your loss and the new car. I know what you mean about space. We have a Matrix, and I thought there was plenty of room in it, until the car seat and stroller went inside. Now I see why families get big cars!!

april said...

Congrats on your loss! That's great!!

Kate said...

Hey! Congrats on the pound!

Enjoy your road trip in your new car! Have fun at Cedar Point... I'm so jealous!

Mel said...

Yeah, for your one pound loss. That is awesome!! I'm jealous of you going to Cedar Point. That is my all time fave amusement park ever. I haven't been in a couple of years though. Have fun and enjoy the new car!!