Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I joined the Sisterhood!

Hey everyone! It's been a looooooong time since I've been able to blog! Karissa is now on a good napping schedule and has been for about a week so I should be able to blog more often now. In the meantime, Dave has done a good job of keeping you updated! Karissa had her 4 month well-check earlier this week and the doctor was very pleased with her growth. She grew an inch and a half in length since last month so she is now 22 and 1/4 inches long. She weighs around 10 lbs now too. The doctor showed me the graph with weight gains and last time she had moved far away from the 5th percentile line. This week she was very close to it and the doctor is hopeful that she will finally be on it in another month when we go back for a weight check. I was able to answer "yes" to all of her develpmental questions (like, "is she grasping her hands together? does she watch you or a toy move back in forth" etc.) . I told her sometimes she is still a little unsteady with her head and she only pushes up with one arm on tummy time, but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. Plus, I need to remember she was considered premature, so she might be a little behind in some areas (but she's also ahead in other areas!). She hated her shots even more. Her face was even more red than the last time and she took so long to breathe in between her screams that the nurse was telling her, "Breathe Karissa, breathe." Anyway, our vacation to Hilton Head Island is less than a month away, so I started to give up hope on losing anymore baby weight. I've been slacking lately because being busy with Karissa and Dave has been sick here and there so I just gave up on excerising. (I do so much better in the summer when it is warm out; thankfully it's starting to get a little warmer.) Then on my friend Melissa's blog, I found a link to The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans (that's where I got the button to the left). Now, I know some of you guys could care less, but I signed up! I'm ready to try the 30 Day Shred and lose some weight by the end of the challenge in May....just in time for summer I might add! Plus, I need to get some muscle and just get in better shape! Part of it is accountability, so I'm supposed to post how I'm doing on my blog. Each Wednesday is their weigh in, so I'll be posting how I'm doing. Thanks for your support! So as Karissa tries to gain, I'm trying to lose. :) Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck, Megan!

I need to shed some pounds, too, and get a little toned, so I'm not looking forward to bathing suit season. One of these days I want to start running, but haven't run out of excuses to avoid it yet. lol

Mel said...

Welcome aboard!!! Funny about you losing and Karissa gaining. I have really enjoyed the Sisterhood and hope that it helps. The 30 Day Shred really kicks your butt, but at least it only takes 20 minutes so it's worth it. I'm doing the challenge with the Sisterhood too. Maybe when it gets warm we could meet up with the kids and walk the boardwalk in Bethany. Zoe would be beside herself to see baby Karissa!!